SymptomsA customer placed one order in the Online Store with two provisioning items - domain and hosting. Order was provisioned, domain and hosting subscriptions were successfully created, however hosting was not automatically added to domain in POA and hosting subscription was not set as parent subscription for domain subscription in PBA-E.
As a result a customer has to go to their control panel and add hosting to domain manually.
CausePBA-E did not set hosting subscription as parent one for domain subscription and as a result did not sent request to POA to add hosting to domain automatically because domain service plan does not belong to any sales category which are listed as up-sales in the hosting service plan.
As a result PBA-E treats two provisioning items (domain and hosting) purchased in the single order as totally independent from each other and does not set hosting subscription as parent one for domain subscription. And finally, PBA-E does not send request to POA to add hosting to domain automatically.
ResolutionTo solve the problem one has to assign domain service plan as up-sale to the corresponding service hosting plan:
1. Open the Product Director > Plan Manager > Service Plans. The list of service plans appears on the screen.
2. Select a hosting service plan you want to assign an up-sale category to by clicking on the respective link in the ID or in the Name column. Service plan properties appear on the screen.
3. Switch to the Up-sales tab. The list of up-sale categories assigned to the plan (if any) appears on the screen.
4. Click Add New Up-sale Category. The assigning up-sale category to plan dialog window is displayed.
5. Click [...] next to the Up-sale Category field. From the window that opens, select an up-sale category where you added domain service plan to.
6. Input the maximum number of subscriptions to an up-sale service plan into the field 'Maximum Up-sale Subscriptions', e.g. 10.
7. Click Save to finish assigning up-sale category to service plan.
As a result during order provisioning PBA-E will recognize that domain service plan is an up-sale for hosting service, will set hosting subscription as parent one and will send request pem.bindServicesToDomain to POA and hosting will be automatically added to domain.