Some info about IMail DCOM identity
Method #1 IMail has its own user. For resetting the identity of the IMail user:
- In IMail server go to Start Run, and execute dcomcnfg
- Go to: IMailServer Properties Identity Change password for the IMail user (SphIMailAdmin)
- In IMail server go to Start Run, and execute mmc
- Add Active Directory Snap-In
- In AD look for the IMail user, Right click Reset Password. Set the same password as you set at the IMail server.
Method #2 IMail runs with launching user (on each SD, it works with the identity of the SD user):
- In IMail server go to Component Services Computers My Computer DCOM Config.
- Right click on IMailServer Properties Identity Should be set to the launching user.
- In Security tab, all permissions should be set to Customize, and all items should have full permissions to Domain Admins user.
- In case of issues with user identity, it will be for both SD and IMail user. In order to reset identity check the following procedure:
*Note: When IMail is installed on Windows 2003, it usually works in method #2.