While upgrading Ensim Pro from 5.x to Ensim Pro X for Windows 2003, you may wish to upgrade MySQL as well. The procedure given below lists out the steps you have to carry out to upgrade MySQL from 4.1 to 5.0.
1. Remotely logon to the system where you wish to upgrade Ensim Pro for Windows 2003 and MySQL.
2. Open a command window. Navigate to C:\mysql\bin. Start a mysql session and set the mysql root user password to blank.
3. Take a dump of the existing mysql databases using the following command
mysqldump -u root --all-databases --complete-insert > test.sql
Where test.sql is the name of the dump file that will be created.
4. Stop the MySQL service on the system by the following command
Net stop mysql
5. Now we need to remove the existing mysql service entry. So in the same command window type the following command:
6. Close the command window. Now navigate to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall mysql 4.1
7. Restart the server. This is mandatory.
8. When the server comes online, install mysql 5.0.18 in c:\mysql. Select custom installation when prompted to choose the type of installation, and change the installation path for mysql to c:\mysql. All other options during the MySQL installation are the same as specified in the Ensim Pro X for Windows 2003 Installation and Upgrade Guide ( Appendix A : Installing Add-ons For Cold Fusion, Imail, MySQL; page 35/54). Keep the root user password blank.
9. Once mysql is installation is complete, open a command window and start a mysql session. Load the dump using the following command.
This will start importing the dump on the new MySQL installation. Let it complete. You will see a lot of messages with ‘ERROR: ……. ‘. Please ignore them. Once the dump completes, close the mysql session. Restart the mysql service using the command
Net stop mysql
Net start mysql
Without loading the dump, the mysql upgrade will not take effect, and the Ensim Pro for Windows upgrade process will not proceed.
10. Open the file my.ini from the location c:\mysql. Add the following line in the mysqld section
11. Restart the mysql service.
12. Upgrade Ensim Pro 5.0 for Windows 2003 on the server to Ensim Pro X using the following command
13. Unzip the utility from the location where you have copied it on the server. Open a command window and navigate to the folder where the utility is located. Execute the utility
This will set all the requisite permissions required for mysql 5.0.18 to work with Ensim Pro X for Windows 2003.
14. Restart the mysql service.
15. Start a mysql session and set the root user password to whatever you wish to set it to.
Additional information :
Upgrading MyODBC from MyODBC 3.51.06 to MyODBC 3.51.12
Important : Please perform this procedure only after completing the MySQL upgrade and Pro X upgrade.
In case you wish to upgrade MyODBC from the existing version to the one supported in Pro X ( MyODBC 3.51.12-a), please follow the steps given below :
1. Navigate to Add/Remove Programs in the Windows console.
2. Select MyODBC and click on the remove button. Follow the steps in the uninstall wizard, keeping the default options.
3. Restart the server.
4. Now install MyODBC 3.51.12-a. The installer for this is available in the following URL:
5. After the installation of MyODBC is complete you will be able to see it in the programs list under Add/Remove Programs.