Upgrade WEBppliance for Windows 3.2.1 to WEBppliance Pro for Windows 2000
This version of the WEBppliance Pro provides a host of new features and enhancements, extends existing capabilities, and resolves issues to provide a superior and robust hosting environment:
- phpMyAdmin 2.5.0 for MySQL database administration
- Ability to convert name-based domains to IP-based
- Ability to change the IP address of IP-based domains
- Ability to store sites on multiple NTFS drives
- Option for Site Administrators to enable or disable FrontPage Server Extensions
- Simplified ODBC data source creation
- New look and feel
- User model changes
Please read the release notes for more details on the new capabilities of Ensim WEBppliance Pro for Windows 2000, as well as known issues from previous versions that have been closed.
Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2000 Advanced Server operating system
- Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4)
You must upgrade to Windows Service Pack 4 (SP4) before you upgrade to WEBppliance Pro. For information about, or to download Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4), access the following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/servicepacks/sp4/default.asp.
- WEBppliance 3.2.1 for Windows
- Administrator access to the server
Important: If you are still running WEBppliance 3.2.0, you must install WEBppliance 3.2.1 before you can upgrade to WEBppliance Pro. For more information about WEBppliance 3.2.1, see the release notes on the Ensim Web site at http://download.pro.parallels.com/support/wwp2000/wwp32_archive.html.
Download the upgrade file wwpupgrade-3.6.0.exe from the FTP location mentioned above.
Connect to the WEBppliance 3.2.1 server using the console or through terminal services and log on as the administrator.
Run the file wwpupgrade-3.6.0.exe, either from Windows Explorer or through the command prompt.
When the upgrade is complete, a dialog box prompts you to restart the server.
Important: You must restart the server to complete the upgrade.