To upgrade mysql from 4.1 to 5.0 following are the steps:
1. Download the mysql rpm's:
2. Install the downloaded packages:
a. service mysqld stop
b. rpm -Uvh *.rpm
c. ln -s /etc/init.d/mysqld_app_init /etc/init.d/mysqld
4. Add the following entry in /etc/virtualhosting/filelists/siteinfo.sh
5. Run the server through maintenance mode:.
d service webppliance restart
6. Start mysqld service and verify that the mysqld service is running properly.
NOTE: The rpms used in the KB are the standard rpms and accordingly the same are included in /etc/virtualhosting/filelists/siteinfo.sh, If you are using any other rpm than this please make sure that you use the proper package name to include in the file. Failing to do so may not give you proper result.