WEBppliance 3.1.x reached its End of Life on March 31, 2004. Please see http://www.ensim.com/products/pro/index.html for infomation on the latest version.
Ensim is pleased to announce the release of WEBppliance 3.1.1 for Linux. Please read below to learn more about:
- Upgrading from WEBppliance 3.0 to 3.1.1
- WEBppliance 3.1.1 Patch: Issues addressed since WEBppliance 3.1.0
- Upgrade Assistance Program
Upgrading from WEBppliance 3.0 to 3.1.1
WEBppliance 3.1.1 provides an upgrade path for existing WEBppliance 3.0.x for Linux servers. This allows existing WEBppliance customers to benefit from 3.1 improvements, including:
- 4th tier control panel for capacity-based resellers
- Updated services and Red Hat
- Custom skin support
- German interface
Please note this is an "in-box upgrade," where you apply the software to the existing server. Please read the Upgrade Guide thoroughly and carefully prior to upgrade. A few key points:
The upgrade script first assesses the readiness of your server; you may need to install RPMs to address dependencies.
Customizations to WEBppliances may impact the upgrade process, therefore you should backup the server and the customizations prior to upgrade. You (or your customers) may need to reapply customizations done to their WEBppliance 3.0 servers. See the Upgrade Guide for details.
The unattended portion of the upgrade may take several hours, depending on the performance of the server (e.g., CPU and memory) and the number of domains on the server. Sites will be unavailable during this portion of the upgrade.
Ensure you have enough free disk space prior to initiating the upgrade. Again, see the Upgrade Guide for details.
WEBppliance 3.1.1: Issues addressed since WEBppliance 3.1.0
In addition to enabling the upgrade, WEBppliance 3.1.1 addresses all security vulnerabilities announced since the release of WEBppliance 3.1.0 in early June. Please review the Release Notes for additional information. Ensim recommends you apply this patch to your existing WEBppliance 3.1.0 servers. The upgrade process is the same for 3.0.x servers and 3.1.0 servers.
Location of Download and Documentation
To download the WEBppliance 3.1.1 upgrade:
- Contact Ensim at firstname.lastname@example.org for download information.
- Download 'wpinstall-u.sh' and the 3.1.1 documentation (also available at http://download.pro.parallels.com/support/wpls/index.html).
- Please see the documentation for installation instructions.
Upgrade Assistance Package
As part of this release, Ensim is also offering an Upgrade Assistance Package. Upgrade Assistance is NOT required. The Upgrade Assistance Package is well suited for customers who have applied some customizations to their WEBppliance 3.0 for Linux servers, yet are less comfortable with Linux. The Upgrade Assistance Package consists of two major activities:
- conducting a review of your WEBppliance 3.0 for Linux and customizations applied to identify additional preparation required (for example, applying a recompiled version of PHP). Ensim will work with you to identify and apply dependent RPMs.
- conducting a post-upgrade review to ensure all domains are in an active state. You may need to reapply customizations after the upgrade.
The upgrade assistance does require customer involvement in key upgrade activities. Ensim will assist in troubleshooting, however customers may have to reapply customizations.
This Upgrade Assistance Package is NOT required. The 3.1.1 documentation identifies common customizations conducted and recommended steps to upgrade.
Visit https://buy.ensim.com/items.asp?skus=CS to purchase Upgrade Assistance. Ensim will then contact you to schedule the review and upgrade.