Ensim no longer supports MailMax, please contact SmartMax for assistance.
Under certain conditions POPMAX consumes 100% CPU. This is observed with customers who have heavy SMTP and/or POP traffic.
Note : This patch can ONLY be applied to Mailmax SE 4.8 running on WEBppliance Pro for Windows 3.2.x or WEBppliance for Windows 3.0.x.
To overcome this issue Smartmax has come out with a fix. For installation instructions for this fix please refer to the following details :
Installation Instructions :
- Contact Ensim at firstname.lastname@example.org for download information.
- Open up command prompt
- Run "net stop popmax"
- Wait for couple of minutes
- Make sure that popmax.exe is no more shown in Task Manager
- Go to c:\program files\mailmaxse" directory
- Rename popmax.exe to some other name say popmax.exe.old
- Copy the downloaded patch from Step 1 'popmax.exe' in c:\program files\mailmaxse directory
- Run "net start popmax" command