Provider's staff member decides to cancel failed task in OA Task Manager.
Tasks cancellation is an important troubleshooting instrument. But it should be used very carefully. If cancellation performed incorrectly it can bring negative results:
- Unexpected statuses of objects in CCP and PCP
- Unexpected services unprovisioning
- Incorrect resource usage calculation
- Incorrect billing of a customer
- Inconsistent records in databases
Avoid tasks cancellation if possible:
- Try to restart failed task
- Try to fix the reason of a task failure and restart the task. Contact Odin Technical Support if you have doubts
Note: This recommendation does not mean that failed tasks should be ignored. Igrnoring of failed tasks can lead to similar undesired consequences
- If task cancellation is inevitable perform following actions before cancelling:
- Analyze dependent tasks. It is important to understand what operations the tasks will perform.
- Decide if it is better to cancel a single task using button Cancel Task or cancel whole block of tasks using button Cancel Task Tree. Act carefully and take into account previous item
- Consult with Contact Odin Technical Support or your Technical Account manager if you have doubts