In the scenario below:
- The subscription is terminated
- The subscription is restored
- Additional resources are purchased for the restored subscription
A zero-total order is generated even though the subscription is billed before billing date, resource recurring fee are not zero and there are no active discounts/promotions.
The described behaviour is correct. Money will be taken with the billing order generated with the next daily billing.
- When a subscription is terminated the next billing date for the subscription is moved to the date of the termination. This is correct, as on the subscription termination the customer may be given a refund for not-used period (if that is configured in the service plan).
- Later when the same subscription is restored, the next billing date is not moved. This will not change even if the subscription is renewed. This is due to the fact that renewal and billing are different processes, subscriptions of type "Before Billing Period" are not billed on renewals.
- The upgrade happens on the same date. This means that the customer actually is billed for the period "today's date 00:00 - today's date 00:00", which is 0 month/years = 0 total.
- The subscription will only be billed by Billing Order which will be generated with the next daily billing (=usually tomorrow), it will be billed for the current additional resource usage for the period "termination date" - "subscription expiration date" (or next billing date).