Google Maps module of Web Presence Builder throws the following error on attempt to publish a website:
Google Maps API key field is empty for the particular website in Web Presence Builder interface.
Google announced changes in the Google Maps APIs authentication and usage limits in Updates to Google Maps APIs Standard Plan
- Install the latest version of Web Presence Builder and apply patch as described in the article.
- Get API Key
- Log into accounts.google.com/login under Google account.
- Enter new project name and press CREATE AND ENABLE API link.
- For additional access settings go to console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials/.
- Add "Map" widget to the Web Presence Builder
- In the website editor, put the Map module into the required place.
- Click "Show Settings" of the Map module. Insert the key into the field for "Google Maps API key". If you do not see "Show Settings" button, the field for "Google Maps API key" is already opened, so insert the key into.
- Publish the website.