During precheck operations, the following error message appeared:
There are websites on the node where the brand is hosted: <list> Do the following: Move these websites to another node or move brand(s) to a separate host before upgrading to 7.0. <site> on host <branding node hostname>
The following instruction will guide through the process of website transfer between nodes.
In OA 7.0 branding was redesigned and does not allow usual hosting subscriptions to present on the branding node. These subscriptions should be transfered to webhosting nodes.
Currently there is no way to perform automated migration of webspace between standalone Linux NG nodes. So the procedure includes manual operations that could be divided into three parts: subscription provisioning, content backup and content restoration.
Siteapps that installed on the website will not be transferred. To handle this case, please contact Odin Technical Support.
- IP-address of website will not be preserved. You will need to replace it with new one, if IP address is configured somewhere inside the website content.
Please, follow the steps below to transfer website (assume:
branding node to
- Mark branding node as "Not ready to provide".
- Provision new webhosting subscription on the same or similar configuration Service Plan. Let's assume, it was provisioned on webhost.
- Ensure that subscription is provisioned provisioned to webhost by navigating to PCP -> Service nodes -> webhost -> Customer Services tab.
- Login to branding and navigate to webspace directory, (let's assume:
Create backup of webspace content (ensure that destination has enough free space):
# tar czvf /tmp/brandsite.local.tar.gz *
- Login to CCP, switch hosting to new subscription by navigating to Websites -> brandsite.local -> View details and pressing Change Hosting button.
- Transfer archive with webspace content from branding to webhost by any means possible.
- Login to webhost, navigate to newly provisioned webspace directory (let's assume:
List file attributes and note their owner:
# ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 w100015 pemcln 43 Nov 7 17:53 1x1.gif -rw-r--r-- 1 w100015 pemcln 17688 Nov 7 17:53 banner.gif -rw-r--r-- 1 w100015 pemcln 2460 Nov 7 17:53 company_logo.png
Restore content from backup to webspace directory on webhost:
# tar xf brandsite.local.tar.gz
Restore ownership of files using owner name from step 9:
# chown w100015:pemcln *
- (Optional) Cancel old hosting subscription, under which website was hosted before transfer. If not, content of the website will be left intact on
brandinghost and precheck will be sucessfull.
- Mark branding node as "Ready to provide".
After these steps website brandsite.local should be fully functional under its new location on the
webhost and precheck procedure should no longer throw corresponding error.