Task for changing resource mailbox size fails with the following output:
Destination host 'EX001.domain.local' (#xxx), IP '192.168.10.100' : Provisioning request failed. Unknown error 0x80131600 [<response><errorContext description="Access to the address list service on server EX001.domain.local was denied. Cmdlet='Set-Mailbox' DomainController='AD02.domain.local' Identity='LDAP://CN=hathor,OU=S001234567,OU=R0001000002,OU=Hosting,DC=domain,DC=local'" code="0x80131600" executeSeqNo="2"><errorSource namespace="Exchange 2007 Provider" procedure="ModifyMailbox"/><errorSource namespace="SW Managed Exchange" procedure="ModifyMailbox"/></errorContext></response>]
The following error can be found using TraceView on MPS while re-running the task:
Time 02/27/2016 00:39:38.313 Tag Engine Log Level 2 Process ID 0x3a4 Thread ID 0xfc4 Description CMapsProcessControllerTx::SecuredProcessRequest Failed while executing Process Request error 0x80131600 machine MPS01
This is pure Exchange Issue. The Recipient Update Service server imposes its own limit of 65,536 bytes as the maximum RPC size. It does not use the MaxRPCSize variable that is defined by the Windows RPC server. If a mailbox is contained in many address lists, the RPC data may exceed the 64-kilobyte limit. Typically, this situation may occur when a mailbox is included in more than 350 address lists.
- Click Start, click Run, type
regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the registry subkey
- Click it, on the Edit menu point to New and then click DWORD Value.
- Type RUS Max RPC Size, and then press Enter.
- Right-click RUS Max RPC Size, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the appropriate value, e. g. 131,073 and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant Service (MSExchangeSA).
- Resubmit the task and it should successfully executed without any issue.