The task Install additional packages on node 'WPEDB01' according role WPE fails with the error:
MSI (s) (74!6C) [15:59:43:900]: Product: Windows Provisioning Engine -- PA Windows Provisioning Engine installer Error: PA Windows Provisioning Engine User account 'ADDOMAIN\WPEServiceAcct' already exist. Try to rename or delete 'ADDOMAIN\WPEServiceAcct' account and run installation again.
The mentioned account was created in AD domain during previous insuccessful attempt to deploy WPE and now prevents the task from successful completion.
- Go to an AD domain cotroller
- Run Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in
- Go to ADDOMAIN > Users and search for the user WPEServiceAcct
- Right click WPEServiceAcct > Rename > type WPEServiceAcct_bak, press Enter, next form appears
- In the form replace User logon name in both fields with the same WPEServiceAcct_bak, click OK
- Restart the task