The KB article provides the instruction on how to disable user verification for the 'Registering New Customers with Existing Microsoft Accounts' functionality. To learn more about the functionality, refer to Odin Automation Office 365 Integration Provider's Guide >> Cloud Solution Provider Scenario > Useful Information > Registering New Customers with Existing Microsoft Accounts.
Note: This KB article is intended for Office 365 16.5 and higher.
When a customer with an existing Microsoft account is registered in Odin Automation, besides specifying the valid credentials of a user of the Microsoft account on an invitation page, it is also necessary to specify the same credentials in the customer control panel to allow Odin Automation to validate that the customer is the actual owner of the Microsoft account (see the screenshot below to view an example).
If necessary, it is possible to disable user verification for customers of a reseller (see the screenshot below to view an example).
To disable user verification for customers of a reseller, perform the following actions:
- Log in to the provider control panel.
Create the KB128673 attribute in Odin Automation billing:
- Go to System > Settings and click Attributes in the Operations group.
- Click Add New Attribute.
Specify the following parameters:
- ID – Use the KB128673 value.
- Owner – Use the 1 value (the owner is the provider account).
- Name – Use the KB128673 value.
- Value Type – Use the Integer value.
- Status – Use the Optional value.
- Applicable to – Use the Accounts value.
- Active – Use the Yes value (the checkbox is selected).
Leave the default values for other parameters.
- Click Save.
Specify the KB128673 attribute for the account of the reseller:
- Select the account of the reseller.
- Select the Additional Information tab and click Edit.
- Specify the 1 value of the KB128673 attribute and click Save.
Note that if user verification is disabled at the level of a reseller, it affects all customers under the reseller and below (for example, it affects customers of sub-resellers). If you need to enable user verification for customers of a sub-reseller, set the KB128673 attribute to 0 for the account of the sub-reseller.