Overview of Windows Platform migration to Linux is here.
This part includes migration of the next components:
- Operation Automation Management Node
- Business Automation Application Server
- Business Automation Database Server
- Business Automation Online Store Server
- Migration is possible only for OSA 6.0.6 with HOTFIX 128148 PAU v3 and later.
- Migration to RHEL/CentOS 6.5 (x64)
- DB Server: PostgreSQL
- Location of DB server for OA MN: Management Node
- Location of DB server for BA: BA Database Server
- After migration, new Linux hosts own old used IPs of Windows nodes
- Deploy new Linux nodes with new temporary IPs (RHEL/CentOS 6.5 (x64)) for:
- OA MN
- BA DB
- BA APP
- BA Store
- Install the same version of OSA on the new nodes.
- Install the same set of packages/containers as on Windows.
- Migrate OA MN:
- Migrate DB from MSSQL to PostgreSQL
- Modify DB to Linux environment
- Adopt OSA configuration files on new Linux MN
- Move IP address and hostname from old MN to the new node
- Migrate BA:
- Migrate DB
- Configure Linux BA App
- Move IP address and hostname
- Register BA App and DB nodes in OA
- Migrate BA Store.
- Move IP address and hostname from Windows BA Store to Linux BA Store
Deployment of new OSA set
Before migration, prepare new complete OSA set on Linux nodes. You need to deploy OA Management Node, BA Application, Database and Online Store nodes. All BA nodes should be registered in Operation Automation.
Deploy a new node for Operations Automation Management Node:
Use the instructions from the Linux Platform Deployment guide to deploy new hosts for a Management Node.
Deploy new nodes for Business Automation:
Use Business Automation Deployment guide for Linux to deploy new hosts for Business Automation Database/Application/Online Store servers.
Install the same version of OSA on the new nodes (the set of updates and hotfixes should match on Linux and Windows MN) Use the instructions from the Linux Platform Deployment guide for installation.
Install BA nodes according to the instructions from the Business Automation Deployment guide for Linux.
Check that both MN servers have the same list of installed modules:
PCP > Infrastructure > Modules
- Install missing modules on the destination server.
Check that both MN servers have the same list of installed packages:
Infrastructure > Service Nodes > [MN NODE] > Packages
Install missing packages on the destination server from UI:
Infrastructure > Service Nodes > [MN NODE] > Packages > Install Package
Check that both BA App servers have the same list of installed components. The list of installed components is located in the configuration file
containers-list(Default location is
- Install missing components on Linux node according the instructions from the Business Automation Deployment guide for Linux.
OA MN Migration
Use the KB article to migrate OA Management Node.
BA App+DB Migration
Use the KB article to migrate BA Database and Application servers.
BA Store Migration
Use the KB article to migrate BA Online Store server.