The following requirements must be met before upgrade to Odin Automation Premium 7.0.
- All services supported only by MPS provisioning are removed (click on the links below to get the detailed instructions):
- WPE is deployed according to Windows Infrastructure Deployment guide in each Windows domains with MPS. (If some Windows domain has no MPS but only WPE, it's OK. If Windows domain has no MPS neither WPE for some reason, it's OK too.).
- Remove the following MPS packages from all hosts: MPFCustomProviders(other), MPSEngineClient(service) and MPSEngine(service).
- Unregister all MPS nodes.
- Run pre-checks and upgrade.
- If there are w2k3 DCs only, add more DC running more modern OS:
adprep /forestprepon Primary DC,
adprep /domainprepon Primary DC,
- register new DC in Service Automation by SDC role.
- If there is no WPE in domain - deploy WPE host by role.
- WPE on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2 only supported for upgrade.
adprep utility can be found in the Windows installation DVD (for example,
For more information on Windows 2003 end of life see the article.
During upgrade to Odin Automation Premium 7.0 all MPS components will be removed automatically.
After upgrade MPS node can be decommissioned.