Attempts to migration PBA-E servers to CentOS 6 fails with error:
+7m 5s [INFO ] [Migration] Restoring database from dump... +8m 48s [ DIE ] [Migration] Unable to restore database on destination node
In Postgresql log file (/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log/postgresql-XXX.log) the following error shown:
LOG: server process (PID 859) was terminated by signal 7: Bus error LOG: terminating any other active server processes WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
Insufficient amount of shared memory exists in the container (as limited by its configuration) or on the hardware node (1/2 of the total RAM).
For more details please refer to the article #121470
One of the following actions should be performed to fix shared memory issue:
Decrease the size of shared buffers, defined in postgresql configuration(/var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf).
- Increase the amount of RAM, defined for the container (assuming there's available amount of shared memory on the node).
- Increase the amount of RAM on the hardware node.
After that migration procedure should be restarted:
- Remove /migration folder on container where migration script is executed.
- Stop and destroy new PBA-E, PBA-E database and PBA-E store containers (pba.app.new, pba.db.new and pba.store.new) that were created by migration script.
- Run migration script again: pba_migrate check pba_migrate prepare pba_migrate migrate