Important: In Microsoft Office 365 version 5.9 subscription limits propagation is improved. This KB article must not be used for Microsoft Office 365 version 5.9 and later.
SymptomsThe subscription limits of a Microsoft Office 365 5.1 subscription shown in PA Provider/Reseller/Customer Control Panel differ from the subscription limits shown in the Microsoft Online Services Portal.
CauseAPS2 does not deliver notifications on subscription resource limit changes to APS2 applications. Therefore, when subscription limits are changed via PBA orders or direct manipulation in POA Control Panels, these subscription limits are not propagated to the Microsoft Office 365 APS2 Application for delivery to the Microsoft Online Services Portal.
ResolutionThere are two possible solutions:
1. Log in to PA Customer Control Panel.
2. Select the Microsoft Office 365 tab.
3. Click the synchronize now link. If there are subscription limit changes, they are propagated to the Microsoft Online Services Portal.
1. Log on to the PBA Application Server as root.
2. Install the following RPM packages:
Example for CentOS 6.5:
- Execute the yum install perl-Frontier-RPC perl-Frontier-RPC-doc perl-XML-LibXML command.
- Execute the rpm -i perl-REST-Client-271-1.el6.noarch.rpm command.
3. Put the o365syncfix.pl file to the /usr/local/o365 directory. The file is attached to the KB article.
4. Execute the chmod +x /usr/local/o365/o365syncfix.pl command.
5. Put the o365syncfix_watchdog.sh file to the /usr/local/o365 directory. The file is attached to the KB article.
6. Execute the chmod +x /usr/local/o365/o365syncfix_watchdog.sh command.
7. In the o365syncfix.pl file, specify the following parameters:
- $host - The BackNet IP Address of the PBA Application Server.
- $port - The port of the PBA Public API. The default value is 5224.
- $poa - The BackNet IP Address of the POA Management Node.
- $poaport - The port of the POA Public API. The default value is 8440.
Note: If you need to disable the synchronization scripts, execute the crontab -e command, remove the * * * * * /usr/local/o365/o365syncfix_watchdog.sh line, and save the changes.