Provider wants to reconfigure his cloud infrastructure in terms of location of the hardware nodes. What are the steps?
PACI does not allow location to be changed on the fly, best action is to re-add the node, specifying the correct location, however for old nodes with no offload possibility, procedure is as follows:
- Add all locations in POA PP: Cloud Infrastructure > Node Locations
It is highly recommended to:
# service PACI-im stop
Backup PACI IMDB
# pg_dump -Uim -h`hostname` im > /root/imdb_backup.sql
Go to DB and update locations field and constraints to proper locations for hosts and corresponding subscriptions.
The location set by default is "UNSPECIFIED" for nodes and NULL for subscriptions. Following tables have to be updated.
- hn, the list of hardware nodes
- backup_node, the list of storage nodes
- subscriptions, the list of subscriptions and their locations.
Start IM, clear its cache:
# service PACI-im start # curl -u'admin:<PACI_ADMIN_PASS' -X PUT http://localhost:4465/paci/v1.0/clear-cache
In POA PP, go to every host and set the provisioning attribute with proper location set previously through DB. This step is needed for consistency of POA and IM.
- It is also necessary to reconfigure service plans and templates according to provider's guide, page 967