SymptomsIn Provider Control Panel, a new license type cannot be added and the 'Unknown error occured' message appears. In Customer Control Panel, Office 365 Application UI is in the 'Loading' state on the Users and Licenses tabs. In the Office 365 Gateway Site log the following message appears:
The chain context handle is invalid.
Parameter name: certificate
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Note: This article is applicable to the Microsoft Office 365 Application version 5.x and higher.
CauseThe APSC SSL certificate was not imported into the certificate store during the Office 365 Application End-point deployment/upgrade procedure.
ResolutionImport the APSC SSL certificate following these steps:
1. Obtain the APSC SSL certificate from the corresponding POA Management Node. It is placed here: /usr/local/pem/APS/certificates/controller.pem (for POA MN on Linux). Save the APSC SSL certificate to the Office 365 Application End-point Host.
2. Log on to the Office 365 Application End-point Host as Administrator.
3. Run mmc.exe.
4. Go to File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
5. Select Certificates and click Add.
6. Select Computer Account.
7. Click Next.
8. Click Finish.
9. Click OK.
10. Go to Certificates (Local Computer) > Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
11. Right-click Certificates.
12. Select All Tasks > Import. Then, follow the Wizard.