Provider wants to configure the scheduled backups of VPSes for both Provider's and Customers' VPSes.
a. Automatic backup using POA VPSes scheduled backup: In Top > Service Director > Virtuozzo Manager > Setup. Please be inform VPSs schedule backup required VPSs Attribute in order to schedule the backup. Provide may use current attribute for Provide Shared VPS or create new "Attribute" for shared server without any "Attribute" eg (phpmyadmin, phppgadmin, webmail).
For Provider's shared VPSes.
- Create new Provisioning Attribute with name "Provider Backup".
- Attach the attribute "Provider Backup" to some hosts designated for backups
- Create new scheduled backup at Top > Service Director > Virtuozzo Manager > Setup.
- For customers' dedicated VPSes.
- Create new Provisioning Attribute with name "Customers Backup".
- Attach customer VPSse to "Customers Backup".
- Create new schedule backup at Top > Service Director > Virtuozzo Manager > Setup.
b. Manual backup using other 3rd party backup application The automatic backup using POA schedule backup is recommended as backup process will be monitor by POA and pvagent on VPS Hardware Node, however, a third-party utility may be used to back up the VPSes.
The following paths should be backed up:
/vz- VPSs file path
/vz/private/%vz_id%- Each VPS's files stored based on their ID.
/vz/private/%vz_id%/ve.conf- Config file for VPS.
/vz/private/%vz_id%/fs- VPS file system