When the SSL certificate is being purchased, the customer is asked for approver e-mail address, there is a list of suggested email addresses. There are however several problems:
- any address will be accepted by the form;
- the pre-filled email address is not always one which is a valid approver, despite the description provided on the page.
In case incorrect address is input, an order for certificate provisioning fails. In the subscription service status history there are records:
Comment Certificate submission has failed. Current status is Error. Full Comment Missing or invalid field:Error from supplier: Missing or Invalid Field: ApproverEmail
Is there is any way to force the customer to use a proper e-mail address or validate the field?
Currently such functionality is missing, but there is a feature requests to implement it, is id is #PBA-54693 ("Improve Approver Email confirmation step in SSL certificate purchase wizard").
To resubmit a failed order for provisioning:
PBA 5.5: Home > Operations > Orders > Failed order
PBA 5.4: Home > Operation Director > Sales Manager > Customers Orders > Failed order
- Click on the Provisioning Items tab.
- Click on the failed item.
- Correct an approver e-mail.
- Resubmit an order for provisioning.