What checks does the
'check_service_node' utility perform?
Before adding a new service node to Parallels Plesk Automation (Plesk), you can use
'check_service_node' utility to check that the service node meets all the necessary requirements:
/usr/local/ppa/bin/check_service_node --ip <IP_Address_of_Service_node>
It will verify the following points:
- Checking the operating system version running on the service node.
- Checking whether the node's host name is properly defined or not.
- Checking that the system time is synchronized between the service node and the management node.
- Checking whether SELinux is switched off or on.
- Checking that the DNS resolve server names.
- Checking the connection from service node to management node.
- Checking the connection from management node to service node.
- Checking whether a valid SSL certificate is installed or not.
- Checking that iptables is installed.
- Checking that all required ports for communication between nodes is not filtered.
- Checking that yum is installed.
- Checking whether the yum repositories (base and updates) are configured or not.
- Checking that yum can install required packages.