The Provider wants to turn off the 'magic_quotes_gpc' capability of PHP.
If that parameter is turned on, PHP interpreter will automatically add "\" to any special symbols (',",\, NULL) Basically, PHP scripts should contain "\" before special symbols, and this parameter could cause conflicts with double "\". Therefore the Provider wants to turn off "magic_quotes_gpc" on POA-managed shared hosting servers.
Refer to the PHP website for more information:
Disable the 'magic_quotes_gpc' in the Apache configuration which is assigned to the required shared hosting servers:
- Log into the POA Provider Control Panel
- Go to Service Director > Shared Hosting Manager > Apache Configuration
- Click on the required Apache configuration
- Switch to the PHP Configuration > Resource Limits tab
- Set the magic_quotes_gpc parameter to Off.
The magic_quotes_gpc parameter is not applied to NG Shared Hosting servers if PHP 5.3 or higher is installed there, refer to the Parallels Knowledgebase article #116178 for more details.