An attempt to transfer a domain in the Business Automation (BA) Control Panel results in the following error message:
Can not transfer Domain. Domain is already registered.
The domain is already registered under the Provider's account in the registrar and cannot be transferred again.
During a domain transfer order, BA sends a request to the registrar configured as the Domain Availability Checker for the proper TLD (Top-Level Domain). Then, the registrar replies that the domain is already registered under the Provider's account.
As a result, the order to transfer the domain cannot be placed.
The domain can be migrated to BA via the API. The following sequence of API methods is used for domain subscription creation:
- DomainSubscrAdd_API - Creates a domain subscription in BA
- pem.addSubscription - Creates the default DNS hosting subscription in Operations Automation (OA) with the same ID as the domain subscription in BA (created in step 1)
- pem.addDomain - Assigns DNS hosting for the domain to OA's default DNS subscription.
- DomainExtDataAdd_API - add domain service parameters (AuthInfo, Login, Password, etc) if required.
Refer to the BA documentation for more details: Domain Subscription Migration
- Log into the BA Provider Control Panel
- Go to System > Settings > Domains > TLDs
- Click on the required domain zone and change the availability checker to a different registrar than the one currently configured
- Place a transfer order for the domain
- The order will fail (because the domain is already registered with the registrar)
- Complete the failed order using the Domain Conflict Resolver
- Revert the changes for the domain zone made in step 3 above