POA background task 'Uninstall Virtuozzo template' fails with the error message like provided below:
VZ template <OS template name> of version <latest> is not registered
Task name Uninstall Virtuozzo template #1228 (hn_id 3) Task description Uninstall Virtuozzo template #1228 from Hardware Node #3 Last execution output VZ template .centos-5-x86_64 of version <latest> is not registered
Application or OS template mentioned in the error message was deleted from the Parallels Virtuozzo Containers (PVC) hardware node manually or was not installed properly.
First, we need to find the name of application template in POA.
- Log into POA Provider Control Panel
- Go to Service Director > Virtuozzo Manager > VPS Hardware Nodes
- Find the necessary hardware node by entering its ID, which can be seen in the failed task name as 'hnid'_, into the ID search field and pressing the 'Search' button.
- Click on the node and switch to the Templates tab
- Find the needed template either on OS Templates or Application Templates tab
You will see the template and its name. Let it be '.pa54-php5-cgi'.
Connect to the PVC hardware node with ID from the failed task and check if the required OS/application template really exists at the node, e.g. using the vzpkg utility:
vzpkg list | grep php5-cgi
If the required template does not exist at hardware node you need to install it using the vzpkg utility.
Synchronize the list of currently installed templates on the hardware node with POA database using the instructions in the Parallels Knowledgebase article #1928 How to synchronize OS and application templates installed on a PVC node with POA database.
Re-run the failed task in POA.