Due to whatever reason Provider wants to recreate registered in POA Exchange Mailbox Store with live customer mailboxes hosted.
Follow the steps below to recreate an Exchange Mailbox Store registered in POA.
1. Log into POA Provider Control Panel
2. Go to Service Director > Hosted Exchange Manager > Mailbox Stores
3. Click on the store to be recreated and switch to the 'Mailboxes' tab
4. Move all existing customers' mailboxes from the Mailbox Store to other store (register new Exchange Mailbox Store if needed) - select mailboxes and click the 'Move Mailboxes' button
5. When all mailboxes are moved to another store(s) remove Mailbox Store (database) from POA:
- Go to Deployment Director > Server Manager > Hardware Nodes
- Click on the Exchange server where Mailbox Store in question is located
- Switch to the 'Applications' tab
- Click on the 'Exchange20xxMailstore' application
- Switch to the 'Store Management' tab
- Check box left to the needed Mailbox Store
- Click the 'Unregister Store' button
6. Perform the planned operations on Exchange side (delete and recreate mailbox database)
7. Register recreated Mailbox Store back in POA
8. Move customers' mailboxes back to the recreated Mailbox Store if necessary.