Provisioning Gateway Host
Read the KB article APS: Provisioning architecture for more details about general APS applications provisioning scheme.
POA is using Provisioning Gateway Host to provision APS applications of External System provisioning type:
- POA installs application management scripts contained in the APS package on this host.
- POA performs provisioning operations for application using these scripts. POA executes management script, and script calls the appropriate methods from the provisioning API of External System. Actual provisioning is performed in the External System.
POA uploads provisioning scripts to the following folder on the Proisioning Gateway Host:
- Linux: /usr/local/pem/APS/instances/APP_INSTANCE_ID/scripts/
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\PEM\APS\instances\APP_INSTANCE_ID\scripts\
Also, POA creates the runner script on the Provisioning Gateway Host:
- Linux: /usr/local/pem/APS/instances/APP_INSTANCE_ID/runner.sh
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\PEM\APS\instances\APP_INSTANCE_ID\runner.bat
The runner script sets parameters passed to provisioning scripts from APS package as environment variables and executes the provisioning script itself. The typical content of runner script is as follows:
env 'PARAMETER_1=value_1' 'PARAMETER_2=value_2' ... 'PARAMETER_N=valueN' php -q configure install
As it can be seen in the example above the script just sets N parameters as environment variables PARAMETER_1, PARAMETER_2, ..., PARAMETER_N and then calls the configure PHP script with the command install.
Important: External Application Provisioning API should be accessible from the Provisioning Gateway Host.
POA supports Provisioning Gateway Host deployed as Linux or Windows server, it may be physical server or Virtuozzo VPS.
Provider may find through which Provisioning Gateway Host a particular APS application instance was provisioned, see the Knowledgebase article #115876 'How to find Provisioning Gateway Host for APS application instance' for more details.
The main requirement to a Provisioning Gateway Host is PHP interpreter (PHP5 in most cases).
Already existing host in POA can also be used for deployment.
See the main KB article #115664 APS: General information, Best Practices and Troubleshooting for more information.