APS application of Shared Web Server provisioning type
An application of this type is being installed into customer's webspace on Linux or Windows Shared Hosting server. If application requires database (MySQL in most cases) – it is being created on a Shared Database server.
POA executes the following actions to provision a new APS application of Shared Web Server type:
Check if customer's subscription satisifes requirements, e.g.:
- The needed PHP version is installed on a shared hosting server where customer's webspace is located
- There is available unit of database in customer's subscription (if application requires database)
- Initiate application provisioning - add the needed records to POA database and set status of application instance to Installing.
- Create database for application if needed.
Upload APS application ZIP archive stored on POA Management Node in the /usr/local/pem/APS/packages (C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\PEM\APS\packages on POA for Windows) folder to the following folder on the shared hosting server where customer's webspace is located:
- Linux server - /usr/local/pem/APS/packages
- Windows server - C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\PEM\APS\packages
- Unpack content of the APS application into a customer's webspace into the siteapps/APP_NAME-INSTANCE_ID folder, where APP_NAME is the name of APS application being installed, INSTANCE_ID is the ID of the particular APS application instance being installed, it may be seen in POA Provider and Customer Control Panels.
- Configure web server (Apache or IIS) for the new application (updates vhost.conf on Apache server).
- Run the configure script from APS package with the required operation - install.
- Finalize APS application provisioning - set status of application to Installed.
The course of POA actions in case of APS application instance upgrade, removal or re-configuration is basically the same:
- Initiate operation - update POA database, set intermediate status of an application (Upgrading, Removing, Configuring)
- Update web server configuration
- Perform the required operation in webspace where APS application instance is installed - upgrade files, remove files
- Run the configure script with required operation - upgrade/remove/configure
- Finalize operation - update POA database, set final status Installed to application
For APS applications of Shared Web Server provisioning type (both application configured in 'Site Application' mode and for web applications configured in 'SaaS Application' mode), application configuration scripts are being executed on shared hosting web server where it is being provisioned. This means that for provisioning of such applications:
- POA does not use separate external Provisioning Gateway Host
- Since application scripts are executed on shared hosting web server, this server must have php5-cgi package installed since most application scripts are written in PHP and require PHP to be executed.
See the main KB article #115664 APS: General information, Best Practices and Troubleshooting for more information.