Provider wants to configure POA to automatically generate strong VPS Administrator password during VPS creating instead of using password of customer account Staff Member.
POA provides three possible ways to set VPS Administrator password during VPS creating:
- Use auto generated value - the Administrator password will be generated automatically for the customer's VPS. The password will fit the generally admitted security policy - it will be at least six characters long of different categories: English uppercase and lowercase characters, base 10 digits and non-alphabetic characters.
- Use 1st staff member password - the customer's first staff member password will be used as the Administrator VPS password.
- Use custom - Provider may specify the VPS Administrator password manually, the same initial Administrator password will be set automatically for all customers' VPSs.
Important: if you use custom password make sure to set strong and secure passwords.
Provider may select VPS Administrator password generating mode in the corresponding VPS Service Template in POA Control Panel:
- Go to Service Director > Provisioning Manager > Service Templates
- Click on the needed VPS Service Template
- Switch to the Parameters tab
- Click Edit
- Set the Administrator VPS password parameter to the desired value
- Click Submit