Attention: TIP means 'Test In Production' and is intended for lab use only. Never apply this change to a production installation since all Office 365 subscriptions provisioned through the previous environment are going to be lost after switch.
'Lost' means that all the subsequent Parallels Automation operations with those subscriptions will fail. Therefore it is recommended to cancel all the subscriptions prior to performing the switch.
So, all existing Office 365 subscriptions should be deleted before switching to TIP environment and MOSI Gateway database storage.db should be cleared – all entries from all tables should be deleted or simply the whole storage.db database file should be replaced with empty file. The empty database file has a name empty_storage.db and is located in Office 365 Application package, just copy or rename it to the storage.db.
ResolutionFollow the instruction below to update from Office 365 eDog to TIP (Test-in-Production) environment.
1. Update POA
- Log into POA Provider Control Panel
- Navigate to Service Director > Application Manager > Applications
- Select Microsoft Office 365 application
- Switch to the Resource Types tab
- Select the Resource type with a base resource class of 'Application' which is using eDog environment
- On the Activation Parameters tab, choose Global Settings
- Click Edit and change the Billing ID
- Apply changes to application instances
The Billing ID is provided by Microsoft and may be found in the the tip<companyname>.xml file. Open the document and search for the Opcos/Opco tag like shown below:
The Billing ID is located in the <Id> tag.
2. Update the MOSI Gateway server
- Login via RDP to the MOSI Gateway server (server that speaks directly to Microsoft MOSI side).
- Copy the TIP Configuration Data document to desktop. This file is received from Microsoft and contains the public key.
Note: Avoid exporting public key from document and then importing as it breaks.
- Double click the public key in the document and perform import.
- You will be presented with certificate archive, drill into the folders.
- Double click on each certificate and import (install certificate), following the screenshots below.
Update server side config file.
- Navigate to the folder where Office 365 web application is installed. This is typically, C:\inetpub\office365\office365 or something like this. Note that the office365\ path is variable, could be BPOS or something related in naming convention to Office 365.
- Open the settings.config file in Notepad
Edit the following parameters
- Save the file and close
- Restart the IIS service on the MOSI gateway
The MOSI URL may be found in the file TIP Configuration Data provided by Microsoft (mentioned above already):
MOSI_Base_URL is any of the above URLs without the .svc file in the URL path, e.g. in the example above it is https://mosi.microsoftonline.com/Syndication/.
See instruction above to find MOSI_Billing_ID.