SymptomsPOA cannot create subscription with BackupAgent APS application, corresponding configuration script task fails with error message License is INVALID like shown below:
'Failed to create BA group customergroup for subscription 1000174: Server was unable to process request.
---> BAWS013002 :: Service License is INVALID. License version: 4.0; DNS: 'panel.provider.com'; Host: 'backupagent.provider.com'; Result: WrongDns'
CauseThe parameter BA internal host in activation parameters of POA resource type of the BackupAgent APS application is incorrect. The parameter has to be set to the hostname on which BackupAgent has issued a license.
ResolutionCorrect hostname of BackupAgent server in POA resource type:
- Log into POA Provider Control Panel
- Go to Service Director > Application Manager > Applications
- Click on the BackupAgent application
- Switch to the Resource Types tab
- Click on the rresource type based on resource class Application
- Switch to the Activation Parameters > Global Settings tab
- Enter the correct value for the parameter BA internal host