Configure system backup
To prevent data loss it is necessary to back up PBA components.
- If PBA is installed inside Parallels Virtuozzo Containers (PVC) container configure periodic backups of the container using PVC native backup tools - vzbackup, vzabackup, PVA. Refer to the Knowledgebase article #113790 Backup in PVC, PSBM and Parallels Cloud Server for instructions.
- If PBA database and/or Online Store are deployed at separate containers they should be backed-up as well.
- If PBA is installed at a physical server, configure periodic full system back up.
- Back up database once a day. The default name of PBA database is pba.
- Regular database backup does not require PBA to be stopped.
Use the command below to create database backup on PBA for Linux Database server:
# pg_dump -U pba pba | gzip > db_dump.sql.gz
Use native Microsoft SQL Server tools to create backup of PBA for Windows Database server.
PBA Online Store
- Back up Online Store installation directory
- /usr/local/bm/templatestore on Linux
- C:\Program Files\Parallels\PBA\templatestore on Windows
- Back up the resellers' stores if they are deployed on a separate node.
Back up directories with customization (if any).
- PBA for Linux
- PBA for Windows
- C:\Program Files\Parallels\PBA\conf\wnd
- C:\Program Files\Parallels\PBA\customization
See the global article #113946 Parallels Automation Maintenance Guide for checking other important settings.