Checking domains' statuses
Regular checking of DNS services will help you to make sure that sites registered / hosted using your platform are available and accessible to customers.
Check status of hosted domains in OA Provider Control Panel at Top > Services > Domains.
Domains with the status Failed and Gone require attention, as well as those that stay in the Ordering, Transferring, and Undefined status for too long period of time (depending on registrar ordering and transferring process it may take up to 10-15 days to register/transfer domain).
If you find a domain in a non-ready state:
- Write down domain name and switch to Business Automation Control Panel.
- Go to Top > Services > Domains and find the domain.
- Copy the corresponding Subscription ID and find subscription under Top > Operations > Subscriptions
- Use the WHOIS tools or contact registrar to find out if the domain was registered/transferred actually.
- Try resubmitting the failed order for provisioning in Business Automation.
Check status of reverse zones hosted in OA at Top > Services > Domains > DNS > Reverse DNS Zones.
Ideally, all zones should be kept in sync. DNS zones not in sync may have issues with name servers.
If you see reverse DNS zone being not is sync:
- Click on the zone notation and switch to the Zone Info tab to see to which name server it belongs.
- Go to Top > Operations > Tasks and search for a failed task with a name like Update named nameserver-name.
- The task output may give you useful information what went wrong on name server.
- When the problem is fixed on the name server side, re-run the failed task.
See the global article OA Maintenance Guide for checking other important settings.