SymptomsThe Hosted PBX provisioning task for the primary_endpoint or user_shared_call_appearance_ep service fails with the error message "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."
CauseSome possible reasons for the problem are as follows:
- An incorrect "Phone Device Service" login and/or password are set in the Hosted PBX resource.
- Security settings are configured incorrectly on the Hosted BroadWorks Internal Website.
ResolutionCheck the login and password of the Active Directory domain user for access to the Web-based Management Service Internal Website in the Hosted PBX resource:
- Go to the Top > Service Director > Application Manager > Applications > Hosted BroadWorks > Resource Types tab.
- Click on the resource type based on the resource class Application.
- Switch to the tab Activation Parameters > Global Settings.
- Set the correct values for the parameters Phone Device Service Login and Phone Device Service Password.
The parameter Phone Device Service Login should be entered in the AD_DOMAIN\USER format. Use the login/password values which were used for the Web-based Management Service installation.
Log in to the Web-based Management Service server by RDP and check/adjust the security settings of the Internal Website:
- Authentication -- only Windows Authentication must be configured on the whole website.
.NET Authorization rules
- Allow access to the AD domain user that was created during the BroadWorks Web-based Management Service installation (the default value is AD_DOMAIN\BWAuthUser).
- Deny access to All Users.
- File permissions on folders within the site -- refer to the article #113927 [Hosted PBX] Web-based Management Service: Files, users, permissions.