- Provider wants to sell trial Microsoft Office 365 offers. They configured two resource types in POA for Office 365 based on resource class Application Service:
[Office 365] Plan E3 Trial - only trial offer ID is included:
[Office 365] Plan E3 - only non-trial offer ID is included:
Then Provider created two Service Templates in POA:
- [Office 365] Plan E3 Trial - only resource with trial offer is included into this template
- [Office 365] Plan E3 - only resource with non-trial offer is included into this template
Then Provider created two Service Plans in PBA based on two POA service templates mentioned above.
A customer subscribed to the Service Plan with trial Office 365 Plan E3 resource, the subscription was created for them in POA. Customer logged into their POA control panel, created service user and assigned trial Office 365 service to the user.
User was created in Microsoft, however no any Office 365 license was assigned to the user.
If Provider add non-trial offer ID to the trial resource type [Office 365] Plan E3 Trial in POA (so it includes both trial and non-trial offers) then user is being created with real license in Microsoft, however it is not what Provider wants to achieve because in this case customer will not pay to Provider (because subscription is trial) and Provider will pay to Microsoft because user was created with real license in Office 365 Cloud.
CauseThe parameter Notify about subscription trial state changes is not enabled in PBA-E. As a result PBA-E created trial subscription and did not notify POA that subscription is trial. In this case POA created regular subscription and did not use trial offer ID configured in the resource type [Office 365] Plan E3 Trial. So, user was created without any Office 365 license on Microsoft side because corresponding resource type in POA does not have regular offer ID and POA cannot use trial offer ID for regular subscriptions.
See the article Office 365: Trial subscriptions support for more detailed description of trial Office 365 subscriptions support in Parallels Automation.
ResolutionEnable the parameter Notify about subscription trial state changes in PBA-E:
- Log into PBA-E Provider Control Panel
- Go to Top > External Systems Director > Parallels Operations Automation > Settings
- Enable the parameter Notify about subscription trial state changes