SymptomsWhen trying to switch a domain to dedicated IP or during account moderation Internal Error with the following description is displayed:
Psoft.HSphere.Transport.Protocols.ProtocolException: System.ArgumentNullException: Collection cannot be null.
CauseThis is caused by changed NIC on the server, during installation H-Sphere stores MAC address of the default interface to hsphere.config, if interface with specified MAC address cannot be found the above exception is thrown.
ResolutionIt's needed to find the MAC address of the interface:
- Login to winbox that was mentioned in error.
- Open console (Go to Start > Run and execute cmd command).
- In the console run ipconfig /all command and find Physical Address string. Physical Address is the one that should be set in HSphere\Config\hsphere.config file.
- Change old value of MAC address in hsphere.config file to new (actual) one. Search for 'MAC' in hsphere.config, the string should look like this:
<prop name="mac" value="00:1C:42:01:95:3F" description="MAC address of the network interface" />
Delimiter should be ":" as in the above example
- Restart hsphere service via services.msc or from command line:
net stop hsphere && net start hsphere