InfoDuring a Parallels Business Automation - Enterprise (PBA-E) upgrade, it is necessary to upgrade all installed locales, in addition to the main English locale.
ResolutionFollow the below steps to perform a locale upgrade:
1. Download a language pack that is compatible with the new version from the PBA 5.x distribution:
# wget http://download.pa.parallels.com/pba/5.4/doc/Language_Packs/Japanese.zip
2. Extract the locale files:
# unzip Japanese.zip
3. Change the name of the locale configuration file:
# mv locale-info.ja locale-info.ja_JP
4. Import the new version of the locale into PBA-E:
# cd ~bm/tools
# ./configureLocale.pl /tmp/JP/
Detect locale name = 'ja_JP', locale short name = 'ja'
Reading locale info from '/tmp/JP//locale-info.ja_JP'
[Tue Sep 27 20:33:56 2011] dbi:Pg:database=pba;host=localhost, pba
Install BM locale 'ja_JP'
5. Apply the changes in the new locale version to the PBA-E database:
# ./configureLocale.pl syncLocalesFromDB -w
[Tue Sep 27 20:35:40 2011] dbi:Pg:database=pba;host=localhost, pba
If an upgrade of the main English locale is required, steps 1 and 2 should be skipped: the new English locale is shipped with the build.
After the PBA upgrade is performed, there will be two English locale files:
- locale.en (old locale)
- locale.en_installnew (new locale)
If a Windows installation is used, the files are located here:
To upgrade the main English locale, start with step 3 of the above instructions.