ProblemIncorrect bandwidth statistics is calculated for domains that use SmarterMail.
CauseThe problem is because SmarterMail calculates bandwidth statistics only for the current day and ignores the last retrieval date.
ResolutionThe solution is only available for version 188.8.131.5291.
Perform the following steps on each server (Control or Remote) that experiences the problem with the bandwidth statistics:
- Open %WINDIR%\assembly and make sure that all WHA.* assemblies have version 184.108.40.20691.
- Stop Helm services (using ConfigurationTool).
- Navigate to the Helm4 installation path (typically, C:\Program Files\Parallels\Helm4), and go to Providers\E2EA7F3E-C089-4E81-9097-55F13621DE4D.
- Rename the original WHA.Helm.Providers.SmarterMail.dll.
- Copy the file version attached to this atricle.
- Start Helm services.
Additional informationThe attached DLL writes debug information to the "Helm Control System" event log. The debug information contains events with Type="Error" and Source="SmarterMail Module". These events include bandwidth information for the current domain and also total bandwidth for the current day. Example:
Bandwidth for smarter.dom for the last 5 hours: 100 sent, 120 received. Totals for 5/5/2011: 1000 sent, 1023 received.
You can use that information to verify the correctness of bandwidth calculation.
The patch (without the debug information) will be incorporated into one of the upcoming product updates.