Customer wants to customize Apache log rotation settings on POA-managed Linux Shared Hosting servers per webspace or website. E.g. they want to rotate Apache logs every 7 days for sites with low activity (and thus small log files) and rotate logs every day for websites with high activity.
Also, customer wants to customize number of rotated Apache log files to keep.
POA allows to customize Apache log rotation on per webspace level only, not per website. This can be done by Provider only.
Follow the steps below to change log rotation settings for a particular webspace hosted on POA-managed Linux Shared Hosting server (not NG Hosting server).
- Log into POA Provider Control Panel.
Go to the Linux host where customer's webspace is located
- For Hardware Nodes: Deployment Director > Server Manager > Hardware Nodes
- For VPSs: Service Director > Virtuozzo Manager > VPSs
- Switch to the Applications tab. The list of applications installed at host will open.
- Click on the logrotate application.
- Go to the Configuration > Logfiles tab, the list of Apache log files in customers' webspaces will appear. Every single customer's webspace has 3 Apache log files: access_log, ssl_access_log and error_log, their properties may be adjusted independently.
- Click on the Edit icon in the Actions column of the log file you wish to edit.
In the Mode area select Manual mode in the drop-down box. The following log rotation parameters may be adjusted:
Log rotation period
- Check the Log Rotation by Size option if you wish to limit the rotated log file by a certain size, enter the desired value of the log file size into the input field.
- Check the Log Rotation by Time option if you wish the log files to be rotated for a certain period, select the time period in the corresponding drop-down box: Daily, Weekly or Monthly.
- Maximum number of log files - put in the number of logs you wish the log file contain.
- Compress log file - check if you wish the log file to be saved compressed.
- Send mail to - enter the e-mail you wish the log files to be sent to.
- Log rotation period
- Click Submit to save the new log rotation preferences.
See the screenshot with the list of Apache log files in customers' webspaces on a particualr POA-managed Linux Shared Hosting server - log rotation settings for the ssl_access_log in the webspace #100135 are customized:
Also, Provider may change the default log rotation preferences that will be applied to all log files of the host: click the Edit button located on the Default Settings sub-tab and repeat the last two steps from the list above.