SharePoint site was imported into POA (2.9 hotfix02 or later) using HMC Migration Tool. After task "Adjust imported Shared WSS Application..." has passed, the site became inaccessible: IIS service returns Server Application Unavailable.
During importing SharePoint web application its file content is moved to other location, according to POA layout. During moving file permissions required for SharePoint functioning are lost.
To fix the problem one need to grant permissions for WSS_WPG and WSS_ADMIN_WPG local groups. Perform the following steps:
- Open Internet Information Services Manager on the host .
- Find the website for imported SharePoint web application. It should have the same name as on the source server. Find out the location of that website (in the website properties in IIS). Open location in Explorer.
- In properties of website location directory, go to Security tab.
- Add local group WSS_WPG with Read & Execute permissions.
- Add WSS_ADMIN_WPG local group with Full Control permissions.