Functional changes in the Microsoft Lync 2013 APS application:
1. No Remote Call Control support.
2. User Profile Resource Type (based on the Application Service resource class with service type set to User) does not contain the ‘Public IM connectivity’ setting anymore. Instead, a customer may enable or disable the external communication for their organization using the 'Enable External Communications' parameter in POA Customer Control Panel, the parameter defines whether to allow communications with users out of customer's organization.
3. A/V Conferencing, Monitoring and Archiving are no longer separate server roles, they are run on Front End Servers. Refer to the Microsoft Knowledgebase article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg425833.aspx for more details about deploying Lync 2013.
4. PowerShell 3.x is used to manage Lync 2013. The LyncOnline module has to be imported in PowerShell, use the following cmdlet to import it:
5. Lync users are not listed in the Lync Server Control Panel, use the 'Get-CsUser <UPN>' PowerShell cmdlet to get the list of Lync users.
6. Lync Server Control Panel can be used in read-only mode only. All changes to the topology, server configuration or user configuration should be done by cmdlets in the Lync Server Management Shell. Refer to the 'Lync Server Management Shell' in the Microsoft TechNet Library.
Note: opening Lync topology in the Topology Builder you may get error message 'You must provide an active meeting URL for each SIP domain and all URLs must be unique'. Ignore the error message, it does not prevent topology from being opened and correctly published.
7. No Lync Server Logging Tool anymore, use Centralized Logging Service instead. Refer to the Knowledgebase article #116031 Lync 2013 Centralized Logging Service for more details.
How to get list of Lync users and tenant ID
How to get detailed Lync logs
How to change Root OU in Active Directory
How to check if Lync user may use External Federation
Lync user receives 404 error trying to open meeting URL
Get-CsTenant cmdlet returns empty list
Lync service provisioning fails: "Login failed for user ‘[domain_name]\pem_admin‘."
Lync user cannot use External Federation service