Customer may login via Microsoft Outlook to Exchange mailbox with disabled MAPI access.
Mailbox properties stored in the Active Directory (such as ProtocolSettings) are cached in the MBICache (default TTL = 2hrs) and in DSAccess (default TTL = 15 min). These caches may delay the time it takes for a change in the ProtocolSettings to become effective.
To change cache update period for Exchange Information Store perform the following steps:
- Run Registry Editor on the Exchange Back-end server.
- Locate the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem
- On the Edit menu, click Add Value.
- Enter Mailbox Cache Age Limit for the Value name.
- Type REG_DWORD for the Data type.
- Type 5 for the Data of type DECIMAL, and then click OK (Exchange server rereads the cache every 5 minutes).
- Restart the Exchange Information Store service.