The POA task 'Install PA Agent on node' fails with the error message 'Cannot find YUM RPMS repository' as in the example below:
Task name Install PA agent on node 'linweb01.provider.com' Output Can not find YUM RPMS repository for host '10.10.101.109' 'x86_64-RHEL-5'.
Also, the task 'Install yum on node' may fail with the same error message:
Task name Install yum on node 'linweb02.provider.com' Last execution output Can not find YUM RPMS repository for host 'linweb02.provider.com' 'x86_64-CentOS-6'.
There is no YUM native repository in POA for the OS specified in the error message.
Check if POA has a system-native repository for the needed version of Linux OS. The needed OS may be seen in the failed task properties, e.g., in the first example of the failed task, the OS is RHEL 5 x86_64:
- Log in to POA Provider Control Panel.
- Go to Top > Deployment Director > Package Manager > Native Repositories.
- Check if the needed native repository is registered in POA. The OS may be found in the Platform field.
If the needed native repository is absent from POA, then follow the steps below to add it:
- Click the Add New Repository button to start the Wizard for Native Repository creation.
On the first Wizard page, do the following:
- Select the System option in the Repository Type option group.
- Select the required platform in the Repository Platform drop-down list.
- Click Next.
- Click on the name of the host you want to use for the new Native Repository.
- Check the data and click Finish.
- Upload RPM packages from the POA distribution and all installed updates to the proper folder on the POA Management Node.
Reindex the native repository:
- In POA PCP, go to Top > Deployment Director > Package Manager > Native Repositories.
- Check the box to the left of the needed native repository.
- Click the button Reindex.
RPM packages in the POA distribution may be found in the folder
/RPMSfor both x32 and x64 systems. For example, RPM packages for RHEL 5 x86_64 are located in the folder
RPM packages in POA updates may be found in the folder
files/OS_TYPE/OS_VERSION for both x32 and x64 systems.
Packages in native repositories should be put in the filesystem on the POA Management Node in the folder
/YUM. For example, RPM packages for RHEL 5 x86_64 are located in the folder
/usr/local/pem/install/tarballs/RHEL/5/x86_64/YUMon the POA Management Node.
- Packages for CentOS repositories may be taken from corresponding folders RHEL and RHES in POA distribution and updates. E.g. packages for CentOS 5 x86_64 may be taken from the folder
POA_DISTRIBUTION_DIRECTORY/os/RHEL/5/RPMSin POA distribution and from the folder
files/RHEL/5/in POA update.