SymptomsPOA tasks 'Report raw traffic usage by dedicated VPSs' always fail with /CORBA/TIMEOUT exception for Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Windows servers.
CauseThe problem is caused by too low memory limit set for MSSQL server working in Service Container on Virtuozzo server. As a result, it can not process queries from VZAgent properly.
To solve this problem, go to the Virtuozzo server reported in task properties (VZserver1 in this case), and proceed with the following steps:
1. Open command line tool: Start > Run > cmd
2. Enter the Service VPS: vzctl enter 1
3. Launch osql.exe tool:
"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\osql.exe" -E
4. Change MSDE memory limit as follows:
sp_configure 'max server memory (MB)',512
This action will increase the memory limit for MSSQL server, and it will allow MSSQL server to fetch traffic statistics from the database.
You may also install MSSQL Management Studio into the Service VPS (it also requires MSXML and .NET). Log into the Service VPS by RDP and increase memory limit using GUI:
- run MSSQL Management Studio
- right-click on MSSQL server on the very top of left pane
- choose 'Properties'
- click on section 'Memory' in left pane of the opened window
- increase the parameter 'Maximum server memory (in MB)' to 512
- click 'OK'