ResolutionTo solve the problem with A5 BSOD, please
1. Download the file attached to this article
2. Etract prl_fixme to the Desktop
3. Open your Terminal application from Finder/Applications/Utilities/Terminal
4. Navigate to the prl_fixme location with the following command typed in the Terminal window:
NOTE: you need to replace your_user_name with a real name of your account in Mac
5. Execute the following commands (copy and paste them one-by-one pressing "Return" after each command):
chmod a+x ./prl_fixme
./prl_fixme --fixA5 "path to the *.hdd location"
NOTE: you need to replace "path to the *.hdd location" with a real path like /Users/your_user_name/Documents/Parallels/Windows XP.pvm/winxp.hdd
6. The utility will process your HDD Image. prl_fixme finished: 0x8000000 - means success, otherwise - it will give you an error code.
7. Start your VM - upgrade should complete automatically now
More detailed information is given in the Readme file in .zip archive attached.