CauseMalformed XML-API packet received by PBAS system may cause serious synchronization issues with Plesk nodes sending invalid/corrupted XML-API packets. Though Plesk validates XML before sending it out, enabling XSD validation in PBAS system should prevent any possibility of processing invalid/corrupted XML-API packets from Plesk nodes and notify Provider about such cases in Action log.
To enable XSD validation for XML-API packets recevied from Plesk nodes please use the following steps:
- ensure that libxml2 packet version installed inside PBAS Container is at least 2.6.16 version:
# rpm -q libxml2
- in case libxml2 version is older than 2.6.16 please update libxml2 package to more recent version using updates from vendor for corresponding OS distribution (using yum or rpm commands)
- upgrade PBAS system to the latest available (at least 3.3.3-05) version
- add the following line into /etc/hspc/hspc.conf configuration file:
PLESK_XSD_VALIDATE = 1
- restart PBAS backend to apply changes:
# /etc/init.d/hspcd restart
With XSD validation enabled after receiving XML packets non-conforming to XSD schemas PBAS system will report failed action in Action log on Top > Action log screen and will ignore the API request/reply processing.