After installing Exchange2007 SP1 Autodiscover service gets broken. This causes mailbox users unable to configure their Outlook via Autodiscover. Also if users configure Outlook manually - Offline Address Book can not be downloaded because OAB download uses Autodiscover information.
CauseAfter SP1 is installed, Autodiscover does not work if the msExchQueryBaseDN attribute points to organization address list instead of OU distinguished name. See Microsoft KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946506.
In hosted environment we purposely configure msExchQueryBaseDN attribute to point to organization global address list – the reasons for such behavior are as follows:
1. To have the same GAL lookup result in Outlook, OWA and ActiveSync.
2. To have mailboxes hidden from organization GAL to be hidden from address book in OWA.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a known issue. Until a fix is released the only workaround is to set msExchQueryBaseDN to an OU instead of the Global Address List. This needs to be done for each user account.
In POA 2.6.5 hotifx02 there is ability to fix mailboxes automatically. It is possible fix either all mailboxes of one subscription, or all Exchange 2007 subscriptions. If procedure is called for all subscriptions, the setting (OU or GAL) is applied on system level and becomes default value for all newly created mailboxes.
The following example used to set msExchQueryBaseDN point to an OU for all mailboxes of subscription 1000111.
On POA for Linux Management node execute:
./bin/Exchange_ctl -f etc/pleskd.props sc dumpMsExchQueryBaseDn 1000111 OU
Note: to see usage, execute:
./bin/Exchange_ctl -f etc/pleskd.props sc
On POA for Windows Management node execute:
cd C:\Program Files\SWSoft\PEM
bin\Exchange_ctl -f etc\pleskd.props sc dumpMsExchQueryBaseDn 1000111 OU
Note: to see usage, execute:
bin\Exchange_ctl -f etc\pleskd.props sc
After checking the work-around on one subscription as described above, apply it on all existing Exchange 2007 subscriptions and switch the value new mailboxes will have:
./bin/Exchange_ctl -f etc/pleskd.props sc dumpMsExchQueryBaseDn 0 OU
Important: After applying the hotfix from Microsoft (it is included into Rollup 1 for Exchange 2007 Service Pack 1), undo the work-around applied by executing following command:
./bin/Exchange_ctl -f etc/pleskd.props sc dumpMsExchQueryBaseDn 0 GAL
Until POA 2.6.5 hotifx02 is released, such updates can be done manually using adsiedit or using some script. After the hotfix is released, a special tool will be available for mass msExchQueryBaseDN switching.
For example, to manually fix a mailbox "TestMailbox" from subscription #1000111, follow these steps:
1. Start adsiedit (Start -> Run -> adsiedit.msc), this tool is available from the Support Tools.
2. Expand Domain branch, go to <Your Domain> -> Hosting -> <Provider or Reseller> -> S0001000111
3. Right click on the user and open properties, locale msExchQueryBaseDN attribute in the list
4. Change the attribute to distinguished name of the S0001000111 OU, e.g. "OU=S0001000111,OU=Provider,OU=Hosting,DC=hosting,DC=local", where DC=hosting,DC=local is your AD domain.
1. If msExchQueryBaseDN attribute points to OU, mailboxes, hidden from organization GAL, are still visible in address book in OWA, because all mailboxes are included into Default GAL.
2. All mailboxes are need to be included into Default GAL to enable Exchange integration with third-party mobile messaging solutions, such as BlackBerry and
Good Mobile – they require mailboxes to be included in Defaul GAL.
3. Following task(s) are scheduled during the execution of Exchange_ctl:
Task name: Set "msExchQueryBaseDn" attribute to GAL for 27 mailboxes
Task name: Set "msExchQueryBaseDn" attribute to OU for 27 mailboxes
Task description: Subscription 10021; Domain service 984