Provider wants to deploy MPS Server for HMC 4.0/4.5. They follow POA 5.0 Windows Hosting Infrastructure Deployment Guide.
One of steps says to run MPS Deployment Tool and initialize Managed Plans Database.
Provider cannot initialize Managed Plans Database due to the following error message:
New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator.
The possible reason of problem is incorrect configuration of MS DTC service on MPS SQL server (SQL server which hosts MPS database, it may be installed on the same server where MPS Engine is deployed, or may be installed on a separate server).
Perform the following actions to solve the problem:
- Log onto MPS SQL server by RDP as 'pem_admin' or domain administrator
- Run Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Component Services
- Expand Component Services
- Expand Computers
- Right-click My Computer and select Properties
- Open the MSDTC tab
- Click Security Configuration
- Make sure that Network DTC Access is selected
- In the Transaction Manager Communication section make sure that the Allow Inbound and Allow Outbound options are selected
- Save changes if needed
Correct settings of MS DTC service may be found on the screenshot below: