Vendor cannot add new user for customer account in PBA-E Control Panel at Top > Operation Director > Account Manager > Customers > choose account > tab 'Users', operation fails with error like this:
The record with code (1001234, 5123) already exists in the table Roles of User.
However the table 'UserRole' in PBA-E database does not contain these entries.
The reason of problem is that account has no users at all.
- When the very first user is created for an account PBA-E automatically creates a "Full Access" role and assigns it to this new user
- The user creating wizard creates a user (and assigns "Full Access" role to it), then assigns all the roles selected on the last screen of the wizard As a result we have error, transaction is rolled back, and if we now select information from PBA-E database we can see neither user nor the record in the table "UserRole".
The issue is considered to be a software issue PBA-43571 and it is fixed in PBA-E 5.5 version.
- Create one more 'Dummy' role for this account. It can be empty, without any privileges
- Creating new user select only this 'Dummy' role on the last screen of the wizard
- As a result user will be created and both 'Full Access' and 'Dummy' roles will be assigned to it
- After that you can detach 'Dummy' role from user and delete it (role) from the system.